26 January 2017

she is loved


I am floating on cloud nine right now; I feel strong, I feel powerful, and I feel oh so very loved. I've learned in the space of a few days that mirrors can lie, and tell us things about ourselves that simply are not true. They are made glass, and that is it. I am made up of flesh, bone, skin, memories, stories, moments, people, places. I am made up of everything.

Sometimes I forget just how loved I am, and how many people really care for me. There have been so many times when I've felt completely alone and like no one understands. Whilst maybe no one can understand exactly what is going on in my head, they understand that I matter and they can make me feel wanted, and loved.

I can, hand on heart, say that I have never felt more humbled in my life. Today people have told me that they love me, that they're proud of me, that I'm inspirational. I think I forget that sometimes difference can be good. It can teach a deeper appreciation of everyday things that you normally wouldn't think twice of.

I think the most important thing that today has shown me though is that the real relationships that you build in life aren't based on what you look like or whether you look the same as everyone else. Real relationships are built on the person you really are. Today has taught me that I am only as beautiful as I allow myself to feel. I think it's time I allowed myself to feel beautiful more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment