20 March 2015

Baby steps


I've really been trying to get in to mindfulness lately; I downloaded the Calm.com app (before the subscription price changed...) and I've been trying to use it as much as possible. I don't get stressed too often, so I mainly use it to unwind and if I'm feeling particularly anxious or unmotivated there are guided meditations that honestly help so much!

It's made me realise that I spend so much time thinking and over-thinking the past and the future, and not enough time just enjoying the moment. Without preaching cliché's to you, life really is too short to be getting too caught up in things that just don't really matter. Happiness is a choice; of course that doesn't mean that bad things won't happen to you, or that you'll never feel sad - it's how you face it, that's where the choice comes in.

Tomorrow is the beginning of a brand new year of life for me. I want to change my outlook, make better choices, and most importantly I just want to be happy. These aren't things that "just happen", you have to work at it by taking one moment at a time, baby steps.

4 comments:

  1. I am trying to change my outlook as well. Recently I've been focusing too heavily on the past and am having trouble living in the now!

    The Latest. Beauty & Colour

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happiness is indeed a choice. Takes practice though to believe it. Have a nice weekend!

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiness is a choice we all make - I just wish it was easier.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happiness is key to everything - if we are positive we will attract positive things in our life and it can be hard to let things go and you do sometimes replay things and see what it would have been like if it was different but what's happened has happened and sometimes we can't change the outcome! :)

    I believe everything happens for a reason and we have to learn from things, grow, become stronger but always remain positive and happy! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete