10 April 2016

Things are always changing


The person that I was when I first started this blog is not who I am anymore. I used to have more issues than Vogue, but now I like to think that I've almost got my shit together. At 22 years old everything is about to change and that's ok. My last ever university assignment is due at the end of May, and then it's the end of that chapter and the start of another one. It's scary, but very exciting.

Within this past year I have learnt more about myself than ever before. My tastes have changed, the ways that I view events and myself has also changed - for the better might I add. I spent a lot of time being really terrified of everything that lay ahead of me, but now I feel like things might just work out. I am confident in myself, happy in my own skin, and have such an incredible array of people around me.

To think that 3 years ago I barely had a grip on myself; I was depressed, so emotionally unstable, unconfident and crippled with anxiety. And now I actually feel alright. When I was younger I never thought that I could ever be this person that I am now. That makes me really proud. In some respects I still have a really long way to go; I need to learn to drive, find a job, etc. But if I've got this far then i can definitely, and will definitely get there. I now have the confidence in myself and my abilities, I know my strengths and my weaknesses. I like myself, I have good morals, a sense of humour, and the ability to laugh at myself.

In many ways I can still be the same person that I was in 2011 when I started this blog. I still have the same interests, beliefs, and a lot of the same people still in my life. I think I've just grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment