14 April 2016

It's always Adele



Fifteen days ago I was in the presence of my absolute favourite person in the entire world. I would say that since about 2011, maybe even earlier, I fell in love with Adele - her music, her personality, just everything. Little did I know that five years later, and still just as in love, I would be seeing her live. I can't put my finger on exactly why I love her as much as I do, but I just do. 

When I found out that she was going on tour in 2016 I was absolutely buzzing! I think the pre-sale tickets went on sale on around the 4th of December, so I was up at the crack of dawn to get my hands on some. I really thought I wasn't going to get them - if I didn't then I would have literally been DEVASTATED. After a bit of a stressful time, I got my hands on three tickets. I was finally going to see Adele live. I then had to control myself so that I didn't have a complete emotional breakdown beforehand. 

Then, quicker than I could ever have imagined, it was April 30th and we (myself and two of my best friends) were on our way to the Genting Arena in Birmingham. I honestly really shocked myself with how in control of myself I was. Everyone that I knew was genuinely scared for me and my life - understandable really. 

Our seats were really quite good, we were on the right hand of the stage on about the middle row, so we had a great view of Adele and everything that happened. Then it happened. Hello started playing and I lost my shit. The rest of the show was an utterly beautiful blur. I think the show was around 2 hours long - I can honestly tell you that it was the very, very best 2 hours of my entire life. 

Adele was humble, hilariously funny - like so, so funny, incredibly talented, and just beautiful. You know how she is on interviews, she was the exact same in real life. She invited fans on stage (I cannot tell you what I would have given to have gotten the chance to meet her), and I really was so happy to see how happy she made them. She was so grounded and down-to-earth and she it was just like having a chat with a best friend after you've not seen them in a while. 

I laughed, I cried, I laughed and cried some more. The 30th of March will forever be etched on my mind, and I could not be happier to say that I have seen my favourite person in the world perform live. 

Next life goal: see Adele live again, and hopefully get the honour of meeting her one day. Her words, and music helped me when I was at some of the lowest points of my life. What I would give to actually thank her for maybe saving my life. 





No comments:

Post a Comment