23 June 2016

reflections



Thank you. I know that I've said thank you a million times before, but that's because I know that one thank you could never be enough for the ways that you helped me. You were honestly one of the only people who really understood what I was going through, and what kind of support I needed. You were not only incredibly patient, kind, and supportive; you were honest and weren't afraid to tell me the truth. 

When I look back at the time of my life, it feels like it was another person completely. I have grown and changed so much as a person and I am so much stronger, braver, and passionate about life. I never saw a life for myself, I never saw a future or had any hope. You didn't push me in to feeling anything, you just made me see that I was worthy, that I could believe in myself, and I could do whatever I wanted to do. Even though I didn't believe you at the time your words stuck have stuck with me, and carried me through so many times of darkness. 

I remember so vividly sitting with you and telling you my secrets and fears; how I was so scared that no one could ever love me. How I would be alone, and that I would achieve nothing. You never told me I was stupid for feeling like this - you just listened, never judged, and gave me such wonderful advice. Now, five years on, I love myself and value everything that I am and that I stand for. I am building a life for myself on foundations that you helped cement within me. 

I have incredibly supportive parents, beautiful family and friends. I have a degree, a job, prospects. But most importantly I have confidence. I have confidence that no matter what, I will be ok. I have self-worth, passion, drive, ambition, love. And maybe the most important thing I have now is a future that I look forward to. A future that I want to wake up to each and every day. 

Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment