11 February 2018

SUNDAY BRUNCH: Banana & Egg Pancakes


I'm on a bit of a health kick at the moment, and trying to make better choices about what on earth I put in my body. The thing is though, I have a sweet tooth and love food that feels naughty to eat. So, that's why this morning I decided to try banana and egg pancakes. Boy-oh-boy. These are goooood! And with pancake day next week, this is a great low cal version.

So here is my own take on the most scrumptious healthy pancakes.

Ingredients: 
1x relatively ripe banana - the general rule is the riper the banana the sweeter the pancakes
2x free range eggs
FryLight
Sprinkle of Cinnamon powder (optional)
Honey & fruit for serving (optional)

Method: 
- Peel and mash the banana until it's pretty smooth and creamy in texture
- Whisk 2 eggs in a bowl
- Add the banana mixture to the bowl and mix
- Add a few sprinkles of cinnamon if you want (I'd highly recommend you do - it was delicious!)
- Heat up a frying pan
- When the pan is hot enough, spray a few sprays of FryLight or any other low calorie spray oil
- Add a ladle full of the pancake batter to the pan and wait for air bubble to start forming
- Flip, and make sure that both sides are lovely and golden
- Add to your plate, and cover with a tea-towel to retain the heat whilst you cook the others

This mixture made about 5 pancakes for me, and they were the perfect amount to satisfy my sweet tooth, whilst still coming in at less than 300 calories.

Let me know if you make these, and tag me in any photo's on instagram @regardingjemma



No comments:

Post a Comment